The aspiration of our Infectious Diseases team is to inspire, educate and train future health care professionals. This is why the EUC School of Medicine collaborated and housed the Diptheria WHO workshop and held the European Committee on Infection Control training course.
Students and professionals are encouraged to advance their learning and build their networking.
MEDIC is a novel team that has come to adopt a modus operandi from The School of Medicine which involves a simulation-based learning approach.
Research Fields that interest the MEDIC Team
- Development of infection control networks
- Treatment and outcomes of infections caused by multidrug resistant bacteria
- Epidemiology and control of antimicrobial resistance
- Pathophysiology of ageing and therapeutics in geriatric populations
- Patient Safety and Quality. The role of Simulation in every clinical skill
- Outbreak preparedness and Management
- Epidemiology of infectious diseases the role of registries
- Health technology Assessment. What is the future of drugs and medical devices HTA in Europe
- Microbiome in the immunocomprimised host
Securing optimal diagnosis and management of diphtheria through microbiological awareness: Collaborative framework with European University Cyprus, School of Medicine, World Health Organization and European Center for Disease Control and Prevention …Read more
The School of Medicine of European University Cyprus joins forces with the European Committee on Infection Control: Standing at the forefront of managing infections and promoting science